Part 1 of the application process :
The first part of the Application process is to Submit your:
- General CV [not job specific]
- Soccer Specific CV - including all relevant coaching experience
Subject : Application for a coaching position
- You are happy to demonstrate the fundamental footwork exercises (link here) when we catch up for the first time
- You are happy to demonstrate your coaching personality (by getting involved in a session) when we catch up for the first time
If you are happy so far:
Part 2 of the application
Then we can send you more details about the position
[Conditions of employment and Methods and rates of pay].
If you are happy with these, then the next stage is to catch up and see you in action.
Part 3 of the application process :
The best way for us to assess prospective coaches is to see them in action to some degree.
As a key part of the interview process, prospective coaches would need to come in for an afternoon and assist a current coach. Not only does this paint a very clear picture for a coach in terms of what the 3 different TST sessions (over the afternoon) should look like (which is impossible to get otherwise), but it also allows us to see the 2 key factors we are looking for in a coach.
Does a coach have:
1. A personality that engages well with young players. A session should not only be fun, but should also engaged and motivated players to develop and work hard throughout the session. Much of this comes from the personality of the coach.
2. The technical ability to paint colorful pictures of technique (mostly of fundamental footwork patterns) which players can watch and copy. This becomes increasingly important in the groups of older and better players.
- So when we catch up with you we will need to see your:
- Technical Ability: Demonstrate one of the ball moving patterns in the video above.
- Personality : Get involved in part of a session (a tech game) in which you can demonstrate you personality and coaching style.
FYI: We are looking for coaches who are very engaging and positive towards young players and instill a motivation to learn through positive engagement.
This is not a boot camp and we don't want coaches to be intimidating or aggressive in their manner.
Please do not apply if you cannot do the ball moving patterns (link above) or do not have a coaching style that suits the program.
If all goes well. We will get you on board.
Click Here to go back to the home page